We are delighted to offer Open Water Swimming to you as the first activity we re-open during the Coronavirus Pandemic as we slowly come out of lockdown.
We will be setting out clear rules and procedures (see below) to keep both customers and staff safe as much a possible whilst adhering to Government guidelines. Please make sure you read and understand them before booking.
All participants must pre-book and pay online, you will not be able to turn up and pay or amend your booking when on site.
There will be no spectators or other family members allowed to attend with the swimmer(s).
To reduce the risk we ask only experienced open water swimmers please attend, no new comers to open water at this time.
There are specific timed sessions to book onto each with a specific arrival time slot of 15mins, if you are late for your session you will not be allowed on site and you will not receive a refund.
Time slots work as follows;
|Arrival Time||Swim Time||Departure Time|
Each session will have a maximum of 15 swimmers at a time to make social distancing more manageable and reducing risk of transmission.
The building, changing and toilet facilities will not be open. You will need to arrive ready to swim or get ready next to your car. Please remember this is a public site and there may be children around so if you do plan on changing in the car park please bring a dry robe/towel with you.
Please note wetsuit hire will not be available.
Once you arrive on site you will be asked to adhere to the following procedures;
- A member of staff will meet you at the gate, check you are booked on to the session and direct you to park, please park responsibly.
- Once you are ready to swim you will be asked to wait on the beach whilst adhering to social distance guidelines of 2m minimum between other swimmers. Do not enter the water until you are instructed to by staff.
- Once the safety team are ready for you to enter the water you will be instructed to one at a time at regular intervals to make sure there is plenty of space between swimmers.
- We will be operating 2 loops running parallel to each other, allowing for maximum space between swimmers reducing the risk of transmission as much as possible.
- Once in the water please be respectful of other swimmers and concentrate on your sighting. If you do have to overtake a swimmer please do so with as much space as possible.
- On exiting the water you will not be allowed to congregate or have a chat, sorry. You will have to leave the site by the stated finish time of your booked slot.
Consecutive sessions are allowed to be purchased for those wanting to swim for longer but you will have to exit the water in between sessions and wait for the safety staff to allow you back in.
Children 8yrs+ are allowed to attend as long as they are experienced in open water but must swim with parent/guardian from the same household at all times. Or, they can swim alone if they have been previously signed off by our coach, we will not be offering any new assessments currently. Please contact the centre if you have any further queries about this.
Please do not attend if you or anyone in your household are showing any symptoms of Covid-19.
All normal swimming rules apply on top of everything stated above if you need reminding of them please click here
All of these procedures will be under constant review and we reserve the right to alter them at any time.