Discover Canoeing allows you to develop your decision making and practical skills for a fun and safe time on the water, taking you on the next steps towards becoming a proficient and independent canoeist. Learn how to choose and effectively use equipment, whilst developing an understanding of the factors which affect your paddling.
This course is a certified paddling award (British canoe Admin costs included in price) and catered for paddlers 16+
Timings for this course are 9:30-16:30
Discover how to take your Canoeing to the next level. Designed to start preparing you for becoming an independent paddler, providing you with some of the skills and knowledge you will need to progress as a paddler.
Throughout the course we will be covering:
- Getting Ready (Equipment, Clothing)
- At the venue (Type of water, weather, access)
- On the water (Skills, safety and rescue, other users)
- After the session (Reflecting on what we have learnt)
- Future Development. (Your next steps)
We will provide wetsuits and buoyancy aids, but please bring additional warm layers for being on the water for when we are not being as active, and when you are not IN the water.
Minimum of 3 participants required for course to go ahead.
Double check your booking:
- Only adults over 18 may make a booking.
- Course is designed for ages 16 years plus.
- Bookings are per person; one ticket covers one person.
- All participants must pre-book and pay online.
- Changes to bookings can be made through the “My Account” page on the website.
- No cancellations/refunds will be processed by the centre within 24 hours of the session start time.
- If you are late for your session you will be allowed on site, but you will only be on the water for the remainder of your booked time slot, you will not receive a refund.
- No spectators allowed on the beach area.
- Buoyancy aids will be supplied which are cleaned in between use.
- The building, changing and toilet facilities will not be open. You will need to arrive ready or get ready next to your car. Please remember this is a public site and there may be children around so if you do plan on changing in the car park please bring a dry robe/towel with you.
- Please park responsibly.
- Children must be supervised by parents/guardians at all times prior to being signed in.
- A member of staff will meet you outside and sign you in.
- Do not enter the water until you are instructed to do so by a member staff.
- Once on site, please be respectful of others.
- You will have to leave the site straight after your session has finished to allow the next group to arrive.
- All equipment is cleaned in between use.
- Please do not stand near equipment being cleaned to prevent cleaning fluid getting onto your personal belongings.
- Use provided hand sanitizer, and wear a mask where possible.
- It is your responsibility to social distance between other customers and staff.
- Please do not attend if you or anyone in your household are showing any symptoms of Covid-19.
All normal lake rules apply on top of everything stated above if you need reminding of them follow this link
All of these procedures will be under constant review and we reserve the right to alter them at any time.