Our H2O Club is a 1.5 hour session for kids to come along and take a kayak or paddleboard out to improve their skills. There is an instructor on the water for the whole 1.5 hours to give the kids the best hints and tips they can to ensure they improve their boating skills week by week. The sessions can be used as a “dust off the cobwebs” type session or it can be used to refine a skill that they have learnt on their training courses, or even a session to get that one final thing signed off in their logbook to achieve their next skill level.
Whatever they feel they need to do, we will try our best to help.
The minimum requirements are as follows:
- Closed Cockpit Kayak: BCU 1* or BCU Paddlepower Passport (or with Horseshoe lake staff recommendation)
- Paddleboard and Sit on top kayak: No Qualifications
Our H20 Club is for ages 8 – 16 years old.
Rules for the sessions
- Footwear MUST be worn at all times
- If a Horseshoe lake member of staff has asked you to do something then please do it, do not just run away
- No one is to enter the water until instructed to by a Horseshoe lake member of staff.
- Horseshoe lake kit can be borrowed but must be treated correctly and any damages will be charged to the legal guardian of the child
- Any kit that is borrowed, IE Boats, must be put away in the correct place when you have finished the session, Unless instructed by a member of staff
- Wetsuits must be brought out of the changing rooms, turned the right way round and hung up on the rail outside the building
- Any children on site either before or after the sessions MUST be supervised by their legal guardians
Horseshoe lake staff may ask you to leave the session early if the correct behaviour is not shown.
We are always here to help so if you are unsure of anything please do not hesitate to ask.