The challenge is simple.
On the weekend of 15/16 August, book your swim in at the lake and set yourself a challenging distance to aim for. Maybe you’ve always wanted to reach 2km, 5km or even 10km. Well now’s your chance to do it and be part of a national, social distance friendly challenge and raise money for a fantastic cause at the same time. You’ll get a free event swim cap and have the chance to win some amazing prizes.
Level Water are a national charity who provide bespoke, 1-1 swimming lessons to children with disabilities. They currently work in 80 pools and provide 20,000 lessons to 500 children, but this is all at risk. Their income has been hit hard with the cancellation of the 2020 events and if pools and events don’t reopen soon, the charity may not continue for much longer and hundreds of children will miss out on this life changing skill. Which is why they’ve teamed up with the amazing Outdoor Swimming Society and created ‘Lakes for Level Water’ giving you the opportunity to be part of an incredible challenge and giving Level Water hope of survival.
- Double check your booking before completing the checkout process.
- To reduce the risk we ask only experienced open water swimmers please attend, no new comers to open water at this time.
- Only adults over 18 may make a booking.
- Please make sure you buy correct amount of tickets they are per person. This is to control the amount of people on site and in the water at one time.
- Consecutive sessions are allowed to be purchased for those wanting to swim for longer but you will have to exit the water in between sessions and wait for the safety staff to allow you back in.
- You will not be allowed on site if you have not booked in advance.
- All participants must pre-book and pay online, you will not be able to turn up and pay or amend your booking when on site.
- Changes/cancellations to bookings within 7 days of the start date will incur a £5 admin fee.
- You now have the ability to re schedule your own booking, in your account then orders at no extra cost.
- No changes/cancellations/refunds will be processed within 24 hours of the start date.
- Children 8yrs+ are allowed to attend as long as they are experienced in open water but must swim with parent/guardian from the same household at all times. Or, they can swim alone if they have been previously signed off by our coach, we will not be offering any new assessments currently. Please contact the centre directly if you have any further queries about this.
- Maximum of 1 child 8-16 to one guardian over 18.
- No children under 8 years old.
You are allowed to arrive anytime from the start of the session you have booked.
Please note however you will be expected to be off the water by the end of your session time.
You will not be allowed to swim without a brightly coloured swim hat.
Please contact the lake directly before booking IF you are a club swimmer under 16 wishing to swim without an adult.
We do not allow backstroke as this can be a safety hazard and can be mistaken as a distress signal to our safety crew on the water.
There will be a fully trained safety crew on each of the loops in operation.
Each swim session will be two hours long.
Our up to date water quality test results can be viewed at anytime.
There will be no spectators allowed to attend at this time.
Please note wetsuit hire will not be available.
The building, changing and toilet facilities will not be open. You will need to arrive ready to swim or get ready next to your car. Please remember this is a public site and there may be children around so if you do plan on changing in the car park please bring a dry robe/towel with you.
Once you arrive on site you will be asked to adhere to the following procedures:
- Please do not arrive more than 5 – 15 minutes early for your session, this allows the previous group to leave.
- Please park responsibly and respectfully.
- Once you are ready please wait on the beach whilst adhering to social distance guidelines.
- Do not enter the water until you are instructed to by staff.
- We will be operating 3 loops a 200m, 400m and 800m, allowing for maximum space between swimmers reducing the risk of transmission as much as possible
- Once in the water please be respectful of other swimmers and concentrate on your sighting. If you do have to overtake a swimmer please do so with as much space as possible.
- You will have to leave the site straight after your session has finished, this allows space for the next group to arrive.
Please do not arrive earlier than 5 – 15 minutes before your start time as this causes congestion in our car park and defeats the purpose of controlling the group sizes.
Please do not attend if you or anyone in your household are showing any symptoms of Covid-19.
All normal swimming rules apply on top of everything stated above if you need reminding of them follow this link
All of these procedures will be under constant review and we reserve the right to alter them at any time.