Open Water Swimming
Open Water Swimming at Horseshoe Lake Activity Centre
We strive to offer you a safe and enjoyable open water experience at our beautiful venue.
Always with the same passion, enthusiasm and experienced team on hand for all your needs.
IF YOU BOOK 11 DATES,
ENTER CODE blockeleven2021 AND GET THE 11th FREE
Session Times October:
Sat & Sun 8am – 10am
Sessions in November:
Every other weekend
6th & 7th – 20th & 21st
DescriptionPlease Read Swimming Rules before booking
- Double check your booking before completing the checkout process.
- Only adults over 18 may make a booking.
- Please make sure you buy correct amount of tickets they are per person. This is to control the amount of people on site and in the water at one time.
- All participants must pre-book and pay online.
- You have the ability to re schedule your own booking, in your account then orders at no extra cost.
- No changes/cancellations/refunds will be processed within 24 hours of the start date.
- Children 8yrs+ are welcome to swim but must be accompanied in the water by a competent adult/caregiver at all times
- Club swimmers will be welcome to swim alone is approved by their club coach or HLAC coach (if requested). Please ensure you state your club upon booking. This is to be acknowledged and agreed by parent/caregiver prior to swim.
- Maximum of 1 child 8-16 to one guardian over 18. (See club swimmer rules)
- No children under 8 years old.
- You are allowed to arrive anytime from the start of the session you have booked.
Please note however you will be expected to be off the water by the end of your session time.
- Please let us know if you have any specialist needs that we can support you with while you swim with us
- You MUST wear a brightly coloured swim hat.
- We would ask you to kindly leave your belongings/valuables in your car or in one of the open lockers by the swim reception. Any property will be left there at your own risk.
- Please contact the lake directly before booking IF you are a club swimmer under 16 wishing to swim without an adult.
- We do not allow backstroke as this can be a safety hazard and can be mistaken as a distress signal to our safety crew on the water.
- There will be a fully trained safety crew on each of the loops in operation.
- Each swim session will be two to three hours long depending on the date and session booked
- Our up to date water quality test results can be viewed at anytime.
- Please note wetsuit hire will not be available.
- Swim accessories will be available to buy from reception
- Changing rooms and toilets are available for use. Please do not leave any items in the changing rooms!
Once you arrive on site you will be asked to adhere to the following procedures:
- Please park responsibly and respectfully.
- Once you are ready please wait on the beach whilst adhering to social distance guidelines.
- Do not enter the water before the start of the session
- We will be operating 2 loops a 200m and 400m and 800m in the warmer months.
- Once in the water please be respectful of other swimmers and concentrate on your sighting. If you do have to overtake a swimmer please do so with as much space as possible.
Please do not arrive earlier than 5 – 15 minutes before your start time as this causes congestion in our car park and defeats the purpose of controlling the group sizes.
• All equipment is cleaned in between use.
• Please do not stand near equipment being cleaned to prevent cleaning product getting onto your personal belongings.
• Use provided hand sanitizer, and wear a mask where possible.
• It is your responsibility to social distance between other customers and staff.
• Please do not attend if you or anyone in your household are showing any symptoms of Covid-19.
All normal lake rules apply on top of everything stated above if you need reminding of them follow this link
All of these procedures will be under constant review and we reserve the right to alter them at any time.