RYA Adult Level 1 Start Sailing (2 Day Course)
An introduction to Sailing for adults,
the course will give you a basic understanding of dinghy-handling and background knowledge.
Date 4th & 5th September
Double check your booking:
- Only adults over 18 may make a booking.
- Course is designed for ages 16 plus.
- Bookings are per person; one ticket covers one person.
- All participants must pre-book and pay online.
- Changes to bookings can be made through the “My Account” page on the website.
- No cancellations/refunds will be processed by the centre within 24 hours of the session start time.
- If you are late for your session you will be allowed on site, but you will only be on the water for the remainder of your booked time slot, you will not receive a refund.
- No spectators allowed on the beach area.
- Buoyancy aids will be supplied which are cleaned in between use.
- The building, changing and toilet facilities will not be open. You will need to arrive ready or get ready next to your car. Please remember this is a public site and there may be children around so if you do plan on changing in the car park please bring a dry robe/towel with you.
For our Courses you must bring:
- Please arrive in weather suitable clothing, and bring your “on the water gear separately”.
- All participants must have a closed toe pair of shoes for dry land activities (old trainers), and a separate pair of closed toe shoes for water activities that can get wet (old trainers/wet shoes). Flip flops, sandals, crocs, and jelly shoes are not acceptable footwear for our activities.
- A packed lunch with a filled drinks bottle, and some snacks for the day.
- A warm rain coat for warmth and rain protection.
- A towel.
- Sun Cream.
- A sun hat or warm hat and gloves based on the weather.
- Please park responsibly.
- Children must be supervised by parents/guardians at all times prior to being signed in.
- A member of staff will meet you outside and sign you in.
- Do not enter the water until you are instructed to do so by a member staff.
- Once on site, please be respectful of others.
- You will have to leave the site straight after your session has finished to allow the next group to arrive.
- All equipment is cleaned in between use.
- Please do not stand near equipment being cleaned to prevent cleaning fluid getting onto your personal belongings.
- Use provided hand sanitizer, and wear a mask where possible.
- It is your responsibility to social distance between other customers and staff.
- Please do not attend if you or anyone in your household are showing any symptoms of Covid-19.
All normal lake rules apply on top of everything stated above if you need reminding of them follow this link
All of these procedures will be under constant review and we reserve the right to alter them at any time.