Horseshoe Lake Open Water Swimming Rules - Click here to return
Before you can swim at Horseshoe Lake you must read and agree to abide by these rules.
- I will not enter the water until I have signed in & all safety staff are in place on the water & reception staff say it's safe to do so
- I shall enter and exit the water from the beach & stay within the designated swim routes unless otherwise instructed by HLAC staff
- I will wear a wetsuit unless the water temperature is above 23 degrees and if I choose to swim without a wetsuit I will let reception staff know first
- I will wear a bright coloured swim hat (not black, silver or dark colours) & goggles. I am aware that neoprene gloves, hats & socks are permitted if I choose to wear them
- I will sign in and out of the water with reception staff at every session
- I will exit the water when instructed to do so by HLAC staff
- I agree to supply emergency contact details & any relevant medical issues on the Registration Form & understand this information is kept for my safety
- I will swim within my ability and respond immediately to any directions given by HLAC staff/safety cover including any instruction to exit the water
- In the event I get into any difficulty I will ROLL ON MY BACK & SIGNAL TO SAFETY COVER WITH AN ARM IN THE AIR
- I will not deliberately obstruct or interfere with any other swimmers or their property
- I will not dive or jump into the water from the jetty, platform or boat
- I will not swim if I am feeling unwell or under the influence of alcohol or drugs and if I become unwell during a session I will inform the HLAC staff immediately
- I agree to take the full responsibility of my personal belongings whilst at HLAC
- I will provide the correct contact details on the Registration Form and agree to notify HLAC immediately if any changes or updates are required
- I agree to listen to all HLAC staff about safety instructions and will seek coaching advice if I have not swum in open water before
- Children aged 8-16 are permitted to swim with an adult and a Chill Swim float, which will be provided max 1 child per adult. You must stay with the child at all times regardless of their ability and they may only use the 400m Loop. Any queries will need to be discussed with an HLAC coach before entering the water
- All children on the HLAC site must be supervised at all times by a parent or guardian.
- Club swimmers under the age of 16 may swim without an adult if assessed prior to their swim session. This can be arranged free of charge by a qualified coach.
- All swimmers under 16, regardless of ability must wear a swim secure float. Supplied free of charge by HLAC or available to purchase in our shop.
HLAC strongly recommend the use of wetsuits by all swimmers.
Wetsuits provide additional buoyancy and protection against cold water temperatures.
Non-use of wetsuits will be agreed on a case by case basis, provided you are able to satisfy HLAC staff that you are safe and competent to swim without a wetsuit, based on an acceptable level of experience swimming in cold, open water conditions previously.
As a Non-Wetsuit swimmer you must understand the risks associated with swimming in open water and choosing to swim at HLAC without a wetsuit may mean that some of these risks are increased. Particularly with regards to reduced protection from cold water conditions and the potential onset of hypothermia. You hereby waive any and all rights of action against HLAC for any injuries and other actionable events, arising from your decision to swim in HLAC without a wetsuit.
Horseshoe Lake Open Water Swimming Disclaimer
You must understand the dangers associated with swimming in open water, including the potential for serious personal injury, death and loss of property and thereby agree to assume all associated risks.
You hereby waiver any and all rights of action against HLAC for injuries or other actionable events, arising out of your use of facilities at Horseshoe Lake Activity Centre.
You agree to release, discharge, indemnify & hold harmless HLAC from any liability arising there from, to defend any action of proceeding against HLAC as a result thereof, and to indemnify HLAC against any liability or expense incurred by it as a result thereof.